Point Blank Games is an independent game development studio based in Berlin. We are developing core games for PC and consoles and are currently looking for a Environment Artist to join our team full time to work on the current project.
Everyone in the team works with a lot of creative freedom on a shared vision of the game. We are looking for people that want to actively shape the game with their fierce design skills. This position comes with a lot of responsibility and is the perfect job for someone who wants to grow his expertise and prove his passion.
Responsibilities and Activities
The ideal candidate will have some experience with Next-Gen asset creation, high poly/low poly modeling, and PBR texture creation, in addition to world building knowledge. This job is a very versatile position that will use all aspects of your industry knowledge to create props, textures, and environments.
- Create models, textures and set pieces, based on concept art and the need of the project.
- Work closely with the art department and collaborate with all game development disciplines all along the maps iterations
- Make sure his / her map is compliant with the technical constraints
- Analyze and fix level design bugs
- Experience with creating game ready assets, taking them through modeling, texturing, baking pipeline, and rendering to engine
- Good handling and experience of (at least one) 3D software such as Blender for modeling
- Good handling and experience of (at least one) Sculpting software such as Blender or ZBrush
- Good handling and experience with Substance Painter and Designer
- Texture using both procedurally and hand painted techniques using a PBR workflow
- Able to work from photo reference or concept art when available, as well as, ability to interpret design intention, pushing it further as needed
- Good communication, collaboration, and interaction skills to be able to work well with multiple departments
- Self-motivated, driven, and able to manage workload independently under time constraints
- Solid experience with world building, texturing and lighting inside Unreal
- Good knowledge with the Unreal Engine Editor
- Capable of identifying and supporting gameplay needs and constraints within a game level
- Excellent sense of 3D game space and environmental storytelling
- Sensibility for architectural spaces, volume in general, circulation, lighting, detail distribution and image composition
- Understanding of modular construction methods as it relates to design, memory and performance
- Strong methodology and problem-solving ability
- A good eye for detail
- Passion for games and gaming
- May require the completion of an Art Test
- Work samples must be submitted at the time of application
- Experience in environment FX and shader creation is a plus
- Experience in photography, cinema or other related domains is a plus
- Strong knowledge of technical game art theory (texel density, polycount, optimization, etc.) and traditional art theory (function, form, shape, proportions, color, etc.)
- Ability to self-critique your own work, iterate, and make decisions on ways to improve your work
- Game industry experience
- Console development experience
- Experience with level design using modular kits
- Analytical thinking to quickly understand game design rules, mechanics, balancing concepts and techniques
- Creatively think outside the box, being able to see things in a different perspective
- Good level in written/spoken English
- Scripting/programming knowledge
Please send your application documents together with strong working samples and salary expectations to: email@example.com
Looking forward to hearing from you!